Milestone Update: 22 months

12:02 PM

DSC_5711


With just 2 months shy of the TWO big celebrations we have lined up for him....I am getting a tad emotional listing all these milestones...


  • This month he surprised us with his linguistic progress - he is officially bilingual (fist pump), not a biggie but in my household where Chinese is hardly used (though we as his parents are effectively trilingual)...and if you've followed us, you'd know I hardheartedly enrolled him in a Chinese immersion programme for childcare. He can reply in Chinese and tell us what he wants occasionally in Chinese.
  • He went "mama buy strawberries" one evening...
  • There's still a lot of babbling going on - it amazed me how I did a mini shoot of some food items and he was NEXT to me with a box of paints and he actually had a full conversation by himself and the helper without touching my photoshoot items. *impressed maximum*
  • He is a major observer and he knows what belongs to who...and mostly where they belong to. His OCD streak amuses me mostly.
  • Somehow this month he developed a fear for water (damn!), he likes swim classes but there was one particular class he wailed nonstop and we had to stop it prematurely..
  • This month we stop Heguru...more of that in a separate post.
  • Throwing food across the table is his latest pastime, apart from the fact that he can aim pretty well (and I would've chuckled if not for the severity of the situation), off he went to the naughty corner.
  • The meltdowns are so real - we dealt with one on the car floor, a kicking and wailing toddler and...two very exasperated parents. More to come I suppose?
  • He can name us by our English names and had a field day calling his dad by his first name.
DSC_5649


Keep smiling and making us smile!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts