Happy TWO years!

6:10 PM



With that, 24 months flew us by and we have been parents for two years. TWO.



Looking back at his newborn photos and videos, those send a tear or two rolling down my cheek.


How far have we really come when just today, we have serious adult conversations and he answers me almost without prejudice and the most conviction to the simplest questions I pose. He amuses me in so many ways, touches my heart in ways that are beyond and also tests my patience like a teenager would.



Was it really just yesterday this little bugger stumbled out of me and the first thing I said was - yay, I am done being pregnant? Was it yesterday I cried buckets because I could not keep up with his appetite for milk and I felt so horrible having to open a tin of formula? Was it just yesterday I baked him a smash cake cos I was too giam siap to get him a baby friendly cake?


This same little fella can unbutton his pjs, point out all the motorcycles and squeal so excitedly everytime one comes into view...tell me in the most unamusing yet hilarious manner where his little p is (yes I do not believe in replacing sensitive bits with baby language - no no please). The way he says good bye to his pee cracks me up all the time. Just yesterday he went "Hallelujah, praise the lord!". All our hearts went into a puddle of goo. Yes baby boy, love God too with all your heart and mind and soul. For he gave us you and every blessing we've had so far. I can go on forever talking about him and well the mushies are in the card I wrote...year 2 in this time capsule for cards and one day you'll get to read all of them. :)


His second birthday went by with him telling us his birthdate and chomping down his first homemade peanut butter and banana toast...and of course, a slice of his birthday cake.


"For I know the plans I have for your declares the Lord, plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


I'll end off with our favourite verse, one that you can fill in the blanks so confidently. Grow well, grow healthy! To many more birthdays, happy blessed two!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts