What time is it?

12:00 PM

DSC_5859


Since the early days of being able to tell time, I probably started my obsession with the instrument I can tell time with – watches. At some point, clock watches were the fad with movies and even dramas featuring them every now and then. 


The first watch

If memory did not fail me, it was either a Swatch or one of those plastic strapped beauties that defined the early 90’s. Back in the days where these were needed for school and part of the uniform, I had a penchant for the plastic straps – at least sweat did not stick neither would it discolour. 

The fad watch

Casio Baby G was all the rage in my time and if I did not own one, I was not part of the “cool” generation and seriously, we all naively believed that having one meant acceptance with the rest of the peers. The colourful range with coloured lights and we were all competing to own the latest model – I remember mine had bright yellow straps with a prints and dual coloured ights. I was the envy of my classmates for a week at least before another had the most sought after model. If Michael Kors watches appeared in that era, I wonder what kind of following it would attract.
DSC_0095
 
The functional watch

These days, I stick to a functional watch – one that tells the time and of course, looks great with any outfit I throw on. That, usually translates to a simple silver watch.



IMG_8772

The one to pass on to many generations

If the advertisers had their way, a Patek Philippe would be found in every wardrobe, one that supposes withstands the test of time in terms of design. Rather than categorize mine as one that I can pass onto my future generations, it was one of those decisions that marked a becoming of an age. Boy, I sound older now. A JLC it was, in any leather I could lay my hands on and turns out ostrich leather had me at hello. I knew I nursed a leather obsession for bags, not quite watches.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts