Dehumidifiers on Qoo10

9:47 PM

Since moving into the humble abode, we have been plagued by a nasty bout of air moisture - it was ridiculously moist to the extent that my bags started moulding. Not fun at all considering how I never ever had an issue with that and seeing the prized babies being eaten by furry patches was by no means fun.

Bag spa? I tried and tested and declare that it does not work. The mould returned even faster than I ever imagined. The thrill of walking into a bag spa and walking out poorer with a supposedly clean bag because they remove mould from the "root" is a fallacy. The same whitish patches haunted me thereafter.

Charcoal dehumidifiers? I have never seen a thirsty hippo so thirsty before, our wardrobes needed constant replenishment. The excitement of seeing the thirsty hippo's water levels rise was definitely a novelty and even then, the moisture levels in our walk in barely dipped.

Moth balls? These caused a major stinkfest in our bomb shelter and even walk in, I was horribly embarrassed to even carry my bags because they reeked of the moth balls. After three days, I gave up on my moth balls, thinking that going old school was best.

Finally, we caved in on a dehumidifier. And being the budget ken and barbie we were, heading to the departmental store to score one was a pinch on the wallet. Qoo10 to the rescue for parallel imports!

I mean how hard can a dehumidifier be? It is pretty universal and there were only so few buttons to manage.



Here's our first made in korea Novita Dehumidifier snug at home! It's been almost a month and I dare say this is the best purchase to date. And so, I understand korean afterall with a mere few buttons, even if the manual was in complete nonsense to me.

At $156 we have saved ourselves a ton of money dealing with mould. 

The Hubba caught the cheap thrill bug and decided to get another. Which turned out to be a wrong decision - it was way smaller and definitely worked less hard. We barely reduced the moisture in the same amount as the Novita.

We were happy for a good six months before it died on us, suddenly. Warranty? Only valid in Korea. And seriously, it was a huge curse and the risk we took..rawr. It's back to the departmental stores!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I feel your pain. I once owned a cabin that had a basement which was notoriously damp. I went through several different brands and styles of dehumidifiers before I finally broke down and admitted to myself that you truly do get what you pay for. In retrospect I wish that I had just purchased a larger and more expensive unit in the very beginning.

    Gregg Hogan @ American Basement Solutions

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts