5 dresses in my wardrobe

12:00 PM


I have too many essentials in my bursting wardrobe, a statement that my own Mom and Husband would rejoice over. My favourite to-go item would always be a dress over pants, playsuits, jeans and even skirts. It’s just a single piece to pull over, smoothen the creases and be ready to go. And I am lazy like that.

IMG_2282 DSC_1610

Maxi Dresses

Gotta love these to death, the type that flows and makes movement easy peasy. Great for resort holidays and buffet days where the food belly can be well hidden beneath the soft fluffy layers. Is it me or I feel that maxi dresses should go with heels? Somehow having the dress sweep the floor grosses me out and nobody goes on a resort holiday in heels – that would be a laughing stock.

DSC_0091
 
The Bodycon

Going the opposite direction from maxi dresses are body cons, the type that hugs every inch of flaw yet accentuates the assets to a T. Fitting into this particular dress needed plenty of heaving and breathing techniques, else risk perspiring like a hog and feeling like the worst enemy of my body by the time I make it into the dress.  Surely there are ways to get around it by playing with prints and lines - so I consider this a must have.

IMG_6030

Little Poofy Black Dress

While I do subscribe to having the LBD for all occasions, there is no harm in throwing in a bit of poofiness and cheekiness in the black dress yes? This ranks as one of my favourite black dresses of all time, flirty and formal at the same time. Adds an extra element of surprise too!

Phoebe Jonah 133

The pull over dress

Everyone needs one that does not need ironing, a simple throw on and does not look too shabby for work. Truth be told, I wish there are 5 weekends and 2 workdays which potentially makes every single working day blue. Best material for this includes anything but linen and cotton since they are the bane of every helper's existence.


The Tulle Dress

Growing up with ballerina dreams and going no further than grade 1 meant donning a tutu in those powder pink ballet shoes is pretty much out of the question now. Afterall cute, only applies to certain ages. Thank god for tulle dresses that helps recreate that figment of imagination, tulle dresses to the rescue! I love it for the lightweight fabric, makes prancing around easy and best of all, I do feel like a ballerina on such dress down days too.

What are your wardrobe essentials?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts