Speckie's nursery

12:00 PM

I started out not having a plan, and then it became something more and that's when excitement finally seeped in!

Planning for our own home did not seem so fun, somehow...perhaps cuter things existed for the tiny tyke that made it more fun. I started out with a colour scheme in mind more than a theme - afterall, installing wall paper according to theme is going to be tricky when the tyke grows up and starts attacking the walls with crayons and what nots.

White it would be mainly, lots of sunshine and pops of colour here and there. One thing let to another and here's what we ended up with. 

A4 LightBox
http://www.alittlelovelycompany.nl/en/

At 16 weeks, I made my first purchase for speckie and it wasn't even an insurance policy yet. Frivolous momma had other plans in mind and it included a A4 sized light box. The hubba was clearly very amused but I justified and defended my purchase to no end. Shipping set me back by 20 euros and using master card another 1 euro which still worked out to be cheaper than the Cotton On alternative which coincidentally was already retailing at $80.

No offense to other mummies but I thought having those milestone cards were too cliche.

Cushion and Trolley
IKEA

I caved in to a number of items from IKEA because of the price mainly AND they really did resemble those from the high end shops at sucha fraction of the price! Buying for baby is bank breaking and budgeting is super important - plus we already splurged on the lightbox and the tula....something had to give yes?

Cloud cushion

Trolley

Playmat
Parklon

I was torn between getting a playmat and a rug.

And ultimately, the playmat won for practicality and hygiene reasons - I cannot possibly de-fur a rug per se. Stalking pupsik for a good discount on my Parklon mat was priority and I nailed one with a reasonable discount off, free delivery and a first time purchase discount too - please always look out for additional codes!

Delivery was settled in 2 working days flat, super impressive. While some may say nabbing these at a baby fair could be cheaper, I did my sums and having to drag the fella bag alongside all the other buys is going to be daunting.

The crib
Bon Bebe - Vermont

Stokke was on my dream and lust list for SO LONG. Oval shaped cribs are so uncommon amongst the brands and it can be converted along the way. With so many selling points, I still have to cave into a normal looking crib eventually. Price, does matter unfortunately.

Key things to look out for include casters, colour of wood and sturdiness. I contemplated a play pen and a cot but the flimsiness of the former put me off.

I had my eye on the Bon Bebe Alexia after rave reviews from the gf, and ended up with the Vermont since they ran out of white for Alexia. Sturdy and looks pretty enough for the nursery, one down and so many more to go! 

Blankie turned ornament piece
http://modernburlap.com/

I was sold on their swaddles with biblical verses printed, this would mean so much for us and Speckie whom we owe so much to God for. I thought it would be nice if Speckie grew up with a verse that would be instrumental, subsequently. So it ended up being on the wall like most mommas have done! 

Plus they have a super meaningful charity drive going on - one for a stranger.
http://modernburlap.com/collections/tots-kiddos/products/add-on-to-any-swaddle-to-make-it-one-for-one

Cotton Mobile

Needle and I's works are to die for...but but but I still did not cave into getting one to hang. Somehow plastic ones did not appeal to me as much as the cotton ones and I ended up with a musical toy from disney instead! Cute and squishy too!

You know how an unsatisfied lusting returns and haunts? I ended up with yet another cotton mobile off taobao - just because.


Happiness is watching him sleep under the word of God.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts