Little Splashes Trial Class

12:00 PM

 

Spot C and his dada! :p 

In my own growing up years, the swimming pool was a friend (not quite best of friends sort) but when the need arose I can swim to save my life but probably not others (clearly, I did not get any certs nor passed any tests beyond the elementary). Then we both thought it was just about the right time for C to be acquainted with a bath tub many times bigger than his own at 9 odd months. Hearsay their fears develop and they may reject the pool altogether next time so better late than never!

I registered for a trial class online with an easy booking form and the widget indicates the number of vacancies left which works for me in situations of hemming and hawwing.

So we were actually running late for the class after misjudging the distance and faced some traffic along the way - phew we were still in time so I'd highly recommend getting the bub fully clothed in his swimming garb and dad or mom who'd be accompanying in also be in full attire so that would save time. In our case, I settled the administrative matters whilst his dad got to spend some 1-on-1 time with him in the pool. 

What I loved about the class?

Indoor heated pool! Being indoor means rain or shine, class continues. The room temperature water also ensures that he doesn't get a shock going into the waters - unless of course I clad him in a thermal suit.

The pacing was just right! No forcing nor insistence that all babies should take to swimming like a pro. The instructor was firm with parents and great with the babies.

They check that the babies are double diapered (swimming diapers and swimming pants), I cannot reiterate how important this is since poop leaks are no joke.

What I didn't?

I couldn't go near the pool, only over the fence or outside watching the super duper very laggy live transmission of the class.

Narrow changing tables which isn't quite the fault of theirs since space is limited and after class all 5 were struggling to change their bub on the already dripping wet table - so two adults to a child and all in a row? You get the chaos.

Sharing of the pool with another class so at one point there will be 10 babies and 12 adults in the pool. 


What next? 

C had a ball of fun though it started off with a mini meltdown, we were all ready to sign on if not for  the fact the preferred day and time is fully booked for the month ahead. I suppose that puts us back onto the drawing board for other swimming classes.

Little Splashes
Siglap community center, 300 Bedok South Avenue 3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts