Tommee Tippee - Warming milk became even more inconvenient

11:21 AM

Alright. So I loved my Kiinde Kozzii and until now I'm not sure how it even failed on me. It could have run dry more than once and the timer was ticking away but water levels were barely budging and I was upset that it failed on me less than a year in possession.

I realised the importance of a warranty though everything else was for another Kiinde Kozzi.

So after an hour of clicking through what was available locally and exhausting our means for a discount code, I caved into a Tommee Tippee on Pupsik.

Now, I should have just youtubed how to use it but at the eleventh hour (literally at 11pm we made this purchase), none of the practicality questions would have rang any alarm bells anyway.

2 days later and swirling of the bottle in warm water, it arrived promptly at my doorstep.

Perhaps it was a bias and a preset mindset how convenient Kiinde Kozzi made life for me, Tommee Tippee was everything but that. If KK were Apple, I was definitely dealing with TT like Nokia in the 1990s.

What was wrong?

DSC_3851  

No timer feature. 

Given my oversight, I was almost irate that there was no timer and all youtube videos provided a hack (use it with a timer). I could've just rolled over in frustration with this suggested hack, how does that even qualify as one??

DSC_3852

Anyhow, I need to monitor the timing on my own. Boo. Already not a fan.

No water reservoir. 

Which means, the water does not drain anywhere and stays within the catchment area. Mozzies? Maybe. The only benefit is I will remember to replace it every other day. Hurhur.

No memory? You're done for. 

Since the bottles are not recommended to be warmed for longer than 30 minutes, it almost renders stage 1 and 2 useless since I need approximated 12 minutes at stage 3.

DSC_3854

So our bottle warming has gone from ABC to ABCDEFG -

Fill warmer - Turn on to stage 3 - Set manual timer (in my head or the clock or a kitchen timer) - Bottle warmed, turn knob back to stage 1 and off warmer

All these when the baby is wailing the roof off and threatening to disown me.

Clearly I am displeased because we have gone back in time and the old folks have decided swirling in warm water is way much easier. Pupsik refuses an exchange because I unboxed it and yes, I am stuck with a near useless warmer.

I hope this serves as a reminder NOT to bother with TT if you are still researching for a warmer. In this situation, having a lifetime warranty would be as good as zilch to me as well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts