Oops, we did it again

12:00 PM


With the declaration of 7 August as a public holiday, the Hubba and I did the most Singaporean thing ever. To make use of the long holiday, we booked ourselves a vacay!  I shall leave the destination a secret till nearer the date but here is the logic behind this whirlwind trip – we wanted a break somehow and everywhere else seemed to be exorbitantly priced. With the government throwing in an additional day into the long weekend, I see no further reason why I should give up this chance to flap off


DSC_0157

Bangkok's city nightlife landscape is breathtaking.

Bangkok was high on the list since it had been ages since I step foot (ages reads more than a year). I could shop, eat and massage nonstop! The hot weather was a dampener however.

DSC_0372

Sunsets in Bali are...too good to ignore. Second to Santorini in my opinion.

Bali too, I definitely need a getaway from the hustle and bustle of this city, unwind amidst calming paddy fields and indulge in the Balinese hospitality. But tickets were almost hinging on unreasonable. Plus, it was right smack into the start of their peak period.

DSC_0364


Hong Kong would have been lovely...what’s more with the remaining leg of a summer sale to catch? I can never resist good dimsum and a getaway to my favouritest city on earth. Yet, heading there thrice in a span of six months sounds scary enough.  

Korea would have been my idea of a getaway but the Hubba was not up for it. So that, went down too without a fight.

DSC_0911

Skies never seem bluer anywhere else.

Europe would have been the dream come true but we wanted to keep the trip shorter than a week hence that made no sense either. 

We even toyed with the idea of a staycation and prices were jawdropping enough to send us packing our bags out of the country – how does a four figure two night stay with fireworks even entice anyone?

So where to, next?

This time, we are off to more sand, sea and blue skies! For the rest who are not headed anywhere this sudden long weekend, there are National Day Shopping Promotions for you to fully utilize the break!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts