October is a month of birthdays

3:54 PM

February and October are two months in a year that my family celebrates birthdays. My dad and I and my Mom and sis.


Against her wishes, we insisted on giving the Mom a birthday bouquet this year, a properly wrapped one!


Roses and carnations just so the Dad would not "forget" how different they are. There was a single birthday that went by and he came home with carnations insisting the florist told him they were roses. 

Hurhur. #shitthedadsays #insiderjoke


Happy Sweet 18 to my best friend, confidante, counsellor and world's best mom! We started enjoying each other's company when I started university and even up to today when I call her everyday without fail, so many times till my Dad gets frustrated with me. Leaving home and getting married was the toughest and I'm glad I moved out anyway, at least I grew up a fair bit. 



Stay young and with all our love.


The sushi treat from the chef for the sis! So much love!


We rounded off dinner with starbucks.


And yes, my family hangs out at Starbucks. How cool is that. I'm glad my parents have decided to remain hip and cool by joining us at the places that they would not dream of going on their own citing practicality reasons. Even when the dad is a clear cut china man when it comes to choice of cuisine, he indulges us in our pasta and even curry dinners.

 
The second cake of the month, complete with a ridiculously tall cake that could not fit into the cake box, a topper whose arm snapped off when I was trying to position it properly and the candle that burnt too fast.

Happy birthday ster..may all your fairytales come to life! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts