MyGym Trial Class

10:00 AM


I delayed sending C for any baby classes because I thought he was too young to even benefit from them and I was apprehensive towards them so 4 months came and went, so did 6 and finally a few days shy of his 8th month, I decided to pack him off for an hour long trial class with MyGym.

No real reason why MyGym of all the baby gyms, but convenience.

The not so great

  • I bought my voucher and thought that "our friendly consultants will be intouch with you shortly" meant the next working day? Okay, 1-3 working days but no, it took them a good 10 working days later before I picked up the phone to chase them for a slot. 
  • Phoneline was busy and I left a voice message for followup. 
  • My appointment was then made within the day and an email and sms reminder sent. 
  • I am a sucker for experiences and it was not wow already before going. 

How did it go?

It was an hour of....

Singing songs, some floor exercises (with me sweating more than him), free play (includes him crawling after a ball, trying to crawl up a ramp and at some point I just left him in a cylinder to self amuse), practised walking, went on a swing and a baby flying fox...a really short while of testing his separation anxiety with a pile of toys and instructors trying to balance toys on his head (this amused me that he was barely impressed)  and a goodbye song.

Time flew by and he was extra keen on crawling thereafter. No hard selling thankfully!

The big question - To enrol or not?

I would if the premises were not so tired looking and play area alot bigger? Bodyache was definitely part of the experience for me since I spend the hour lifting and carrying and it was just alot of physical work involved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts