His first parcel to an unknown friend

2:56 PM

I'm actually not sure how this should begin and I'm penning this just for memory's sake...


Many many years ago when I was around 3 or 4 and in kindergarten, we were all made to write a letter to a child far away (well to me back then, anywhere out of Singapore is far away) and I remember it was a cancer-stricken child. My teacher told us to write him some well wishes and draw something for him to cheer him up. I have forgotten what I wrote and obviously have no recollection what I sent him but it stuck in my memory. That there are sick children and not everyone's childhood is happy.


DSC_0457



I'm not sure what prompted me to respond to this snapshot shared in one of my mummy group chats and I thought - why not send a parcel on behalf of Cyrus. I mean someday I will share all the snaps with him and the stories behind them.




I hope it brings some cheer to A, a very courageous little fighter who's bestowed with so much love. Our paths may never cross but you have taught me as an adult even that courage does not come with age.




I'm not sure how his parents feel about bringing him home for his last days, it aches even typing this. It was very odd trying to buy an appropriate card and thankfully for Christmas, there are such pretty and cute cards for this occasion.






xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts