Tula, joining the cult

12:00 PM

It could be all the fashionista mommy blogs I have been reading that I long decided ahead of time which baby carrier I want. The plan had always been the Tula, until I got introduced to the world of woven carriers. Seems there is a difference between a normal tula, half woven and full woven.

And, the quest for it is even more crazed than the Birkin. Oh well, I suppose the insanity would be far worse if we could order a birkin online.

Turns out, the woven Tula was only retailed online and at specific timings every two weeks. Judging by the success rate after 7-8 tries, I gave myself a good 6 months to score one.

The apprehensive first

I didn't have high hopes scoring one on the first try - I mean heck, IUI didn't even work for us the first try. Surely my chances would be higher than that but how much higher, I really did not know.

7am release saw me setting the alarm at 650am and scrambling before the lappy to camp. I mean seriously I have been there and done that with Hello Kitty merchandise and concert tickets. I just did not know what they really meant by everything goes out of stock in a minute.

So great, I saw the stock took a second to read and tried to cart and bam! Out of stock. ALL GONE IN A MINUTE. WOW. How much stock do they really carry? Do I really need to resort to the black market to score one? Damn. I shall try my luck again two weeks later and hopefully slightly better luck!

The hopeful second

"This is harder than balloting for a BTO.", mused the Hubba.

So then this fell on a public holiday, and both the Hubba and I surely thought of sleeping through it - I mean, who can even guarantee we will nail one this round. I think he felt the stress and was tossing the whole night :x And I the light sleeper actually stirred at 6am, a tad too early before the official 7am ungodly hour. Strangely, I even had the luxury to throw in a tiresome dream in between and finally kicked off the covers at 645am when our alarms cooperated and rang.

Two of us on our laptops refreshing the page repeatedly for a good 5 minutes and I even assured the Hubba that "it's ok if we don't nail one." I mean, the higher the expectation the greater the disappointment!

Our tactic was simple, once the page loaded scroll for a full wrap conversion regardless design and try to cart it.

AND IT WORKED!!!!! As if I stumbled upon a secret, this seems to be the only way to nail one according to a number of tula fans - and it did for us.



Aspen September. :)
 www.tula.com

The aftermath

Now there's the infant insert, customizable drool pads, perhaps a hoodie too for our first Tula. Hopefully the last, Hubba wishes.

The tula blankets look so droolicious too but that ball game is another mind boggling and nerve wrecking affair, I suppose I'd just lay off and settle for Aden+Anais or Modern Burlap that I have got my eyes on. :P

There was a seconds sample sale subsequently and I was hoping to score a discounted baby insert but they were not part of it. Bummer.

The accessories

Turns out, a friend managed to score tula blankets off the EU website on my behalf and there, the first and hopefully the last of its kind. <strike> With 5 Aden+Anais swaddles and a Modern Burlap, the husband finds no reason why I need another blanket to wrap one baby up. </strike> Turns out, I nabbed one too in bouquet stems! :P

Infant insert had me laying off the purchase till late into the pregnancy, I wanted to make sure he needed one given his growth spurts - and finally I caved into a slate coloured one! Sigh, frivolous mom.

My pretty package!

 

Curved and straight droolpads.

 

Matching bib too!

Drool pads are costly to purchase in Singapore I have to admit and I turned to overseas options which worked out fine for me even after shipping is factored in. Curved and straight drool pads with button snaps, checked!



I could not resist dolling my Tula up with a customized teddy bear, possibly the only customization I'd do since the rest were too expensive to consider. Hoodies and pull straps all add up to a pretty princely sum, methinks.


After the teddy, came the dragon. GOOD LORD. Just stop me already. The option to customize is way too attractive to pass up...

Now, I need to work on getting more than one tula. OOPS. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts