Grocery shopping: The big clean up

12:00 PM


I suppose the most exciting phase of buying for the house is almost over and reality hits really hard. Almost snaps at me and bites me where it annoys most - cleaning up. 
This, is our first home's stash of groceries, mainly cleaning agents and detergents.
No wonder they say grocery shopping is never cheap.


For the noobs like me, here's a list of places that will save you trouble of going in circles or paying the extra!

Cleaning agents (dishwashing liquid, toilet cleansers etc)
The supermarts i.e. NTUC, Giant, Shop N Save and the list goes on but you get the drift.

Mops with pails
Few supermarts stock this and I count on Giant for this, 5B, CK Department Store

Brooms, Toilet Brushes
CK Department Store, Japan Home, Giant (depending which outlet, the range can vary), provision shops (No wonder these are still in business and I've never paid so much attention to hunting down the desired broom with bristles), Daiso (Not the cheapest strangely since I found $1.85 ones at CK #auntiemodeon)

Cleaning Towels
Sia Huat, 5B at Joo Chiat Road, Daiso, CK Department Store, Japan Home

One weekend of cleaning down, I can only say...I am considering outsourcing this in the days to come.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts